***** Please be aware this role may close prior to end date *****
New great opportunity is now open as a Infrastructure Support Specialist II based in London / Credit Suisse
Permanent full time role
Provide Data Centre cabling activities installation, termination and testing of all data center interlink cabling ( i.e CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
Based on customer site in London, E14 2AX Mon – Fri 13:00 – 21:00, Sat 08:00 – 17:00 on rotation
Detailed Job Description:
Responsible for the delivery of solutions within named accounts;
- Installation, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling ( i.e CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
- Responsible for all data cable infrastructure installs – UTP, OM3/OM4 and single mode fibre
- Installation, maintenance and lifecycle of the whole trunk-infrastructure across building backbone
- Fault- finding of network cabling within Datacentre, able to trace and test connections and resolving issues. Fibre Optic termination testing and fault finding with OTDR, Fluke testing equipment
- Provide onsite support using Fluke testing equipment to test all new and suspect cable connections.
- Supporting of LAN & WAN Infrastructure components, structured cabling, VOIP telephone systems and voice recording.
- Managing Patch schedules for Platform provisioning ( i.e new server deployment), patch cables are installed- labelled and tested according to work order requests
- Ability to order and manage stock, keeping an up to date inventory of all cabling.
- Liaise with the DCOFM Team Leads and schedule cabling infrastructure works according to prioritization.
- The ideal candidate will need to have an extensive knowledge of data cabling with proven experience of (CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, and fiber optic), able to terminate patch panels floor boxes and wall panels with proven accreditations and experience.
- Basic understanding of network VLAN’s and IP addressing
- Have good knowledge of Fiber Optic terminating testing and fault-finding with OTDR and Fluke testing equipment.
- Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer’s i.e Systemax, Commscope, Corning, etc
- Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer’s i.e Systemax, Commscope, Anixter , Corning, etc
- Knowledge of end user ticketing tools, Snow/Remedy including updating –forwarding and closing of tickets.
- Good Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation, self-motivation, and the ability to work in a team are important
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Positive attitude, ready to help all support teams with cabling related issues
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in enterprise Data Centres in financial institutes
Security clearance required