***** Please be aware this role may close prior to end date *****
Infrastructure Support Specialist II
We have a new vacancy to offer as a permanent full time role in our site CITI Group based in London.
Individual will be responsible for day to day support of the Data Centre technical infrastructure & services (networks, systems). Covering from the physical delivery through to installation, maintenance and ongoing support on various hardware across a multi-vendor environment.
Hardware predominantly consists of HP, Dell & IBM x86 ISS servers, including Proliant & Blades, also includes some Oracle/Sun hardware and various network devices.
You should be able to complete Data Centre cabling activities installing, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling & patching using CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A & fibre optic single & multi mode
You will be expected to provide support to Data Centre Facilities management with activities such as but not limited to IMAC work, escorting external resources, inventory management and access request processing.
Good computer skills preferable as you will be expected to regularly update tickets on customers Service Now ticketing system, as well as regular email and IM updates with customers globally.
Responsible for the delivery of services within the DC
· Installations, maintenance, and repairs on customer equipment.
- Installation, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling (i.e CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
· Strong Customer relationship skills and ability to manage complex customer problems
· Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met. Handles customer-relations problems promptly and appropriately.
· Ensure all calls are resolved within the agreed SLA’s, ensuring calls are escalated when required and customers are updated until resolved.
· Display calmness and the ability to solve problems under pressure.
· Team player and strong interpersonal skills
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
Essential skills and attributes:
- Experience of copper & fibre patch cabling in DC environment, including dressing, labeling and termination.
- Basic understanding of network VLAN’s and IP addressing
- Strong Customer relationship building skills. Ability to manage complex customer problems
- knowledge of HP, IBM & DELL ISS & Blade x86 architecture servers.
- Knowledge of ESD working practice
- Sound knowledge of general Health & Safety
- Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer’s i.e Systemax, Commscope, Anixter , Corning, etc
- Knowledge of end user ticketing tools, Snow/Remedy & DC planning tools such as Aperture or Trellis including updating –forwarding and closing of tickets.
- Good Microsoft Office skills in particular Excel, Outlook & Word
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation, self-motivation, and the ability to work in a team are important
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Positive attitude, ready to help all support teams with cabling related issues
- Experience with server hardware – understanding of server models, upgrades options, hardware components
- Datacentre – General knowledge of DC environment, IMAC & Cabling
- Experience of working in named Datacentres for companies such Equinix, Global Switch, Telehouse, Interxion, Sungard or as an employee of companies such as Redstone, SCC, Excel