***** Please be aware this role may close prior to end date *****
Infrastructure Support Specialist II
We have a new vacancy to offer as a permanent full time role in our site Credit Suisse based in Slough.
Provide Data Centre cabling activities installation, termination and testing of all data center interlink cabling ( i.e CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
Based on customer site in Slough SL1 4JU Mon – Fri 07:00 – 21:00 split shift, Sat 08:00 – 17:00
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for the delivery of solutions within named accounts;
· Installation, termination and testing of all data centre interlink cabling ( i.e CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, fibre optic)
- Responsible for all data cable infrastructure installs – UTP, OM3/OM4 and single mode fibre
· Installation, maintenance and lifecycle of the whole trunk-infrastructure across building backbone
· Fault- finding of network cabling within Datacentre, able to trace and test connections and resolving issues. Fibre Optic termination testing and fault finding with OTDR, Fluke testing equipment
· Provide onsite support using Fluke testing equipment to test all new and suspect cable connections.
· Supporting of LAN & WAN Infrastructure components, structured cabling, VOIP telephone systems and voice recording.
· Managing Patch schedules for Platform provisioning ( i.e new server deployment), patch cables are installed- labelled and tested according to work order requests
· Ability to order and manage stock, keeping an up to date inventory of all cabling.
- Liaise with the DCOFM Team Leads and schedule cabling infrastructure works according to prioritization.
· The ideal candidate will need to have an extensive knowledge of data cabling with proven experience of (CAT-5e, CAT-6 6A, and fiber optic), able to terminate patch panels floor boxes and wall panels with proven accreditations and experience.
· Basic understanding of network VLAN’s and IP addressing
· Have good knowledge of Fiber Optic terminating testing and fault-finding with OTDR and Fluke testing equipment.
· Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer’s i.e Systemax, Commscope, Corning, etc
· Good knowledge of cabling products of manufacturer’s i.e Systemax, Commscope, Anixter , Corning, etc
· Knowledge of end user ticketing tools, Snow/Remedy including updating –forwarding and closing of tickets.
· Good Excel skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, customer orientation, self-motivation, and the ability to work in a team are important
· Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
· Positive attitude, ready to help all support teams with cabling related issues