***** Please be aware this role may close prior to end date *****
New great opportunity is now open as a Network Operations Engineer III based in Gatwick / Crawley
Permanent full time role
Required to work as part of a team providing Network Infrastructure support across a large client location. It is a shift position working both days & late Evenings,24/7 on call pattern, 1 week in 3 on call rotating pattern.
Detailed Job Description:
The tasks will include (but not limited to):
- Network installations and support.
- Troubleshooting issues on all networking infrastructure.
- Being a primary point of contact for user issues and queries.
- Configuring and deploying network equipment.
- Adhering to strict policies and processes around security and data protection.
- Maintaining and managing the content and accuracy of the customer’s asset database.
- Ensuring SLA requirements and Customer Satisfaction metrics are on or above target.
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive and meaningful updates in the customer’s ticket handling system.
- Ensuring the escalation process is followed and any issues are communicated appropriately to the HPE, CDS and customer management teams.
Required skills and attributes
- HPE Network preferably ASE or MASE or Cisco equivalent preferably CCNP or CCNA or above;
- Proven networking background;
- Exceptional customer service skills including the ability to simplify technical detail;
- Highly organised with the ability to work in a fast-paced, structured manner to meet tight deadlines;
- Confident, collaborative working style and able to interface with people of all levels;
- Proactive approach to work activities & support of colleagues;
- Demonstrated ability to recognise and react to situations with a sense of urgency and problem ownership;
- Must have a strong understanding of all major aspects of systems and network equipment HW and FW/SW & knowledge of multiple platforms;
- Knowledge of Cisco, Aruba Wireless, Palo Alto Network Device (firewall), Bluecoat Packet shapers, Inflobox , Fortinet Firewalls.
- Network Management: HPE IMC
- ITIL Service Management Foundation
- Experience of IT incident management
- Fluke & other cable test equipment
- Though not required Security clearance would be helpful
Airside security clearance might be required.