***** Please be aware this role may close prior to end date *****
New opportunity for a 12 month fixed term contract as an Infrastructure Support Specialist III.
Plan, implement, oversee and maintain server and storage infrastructures for Nimis 2 project.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Administer internal and customer facing servers, network devices.
- proactively manage and monitor server, storage and network (HP DL368 & DL380 Simplivity, 3PAR & Apollo Qumulo Configurations)
- Administer and support core HPE OneView & VMware technologies
- Update Implemented contingency plans
- Manage the monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions that will make a hands-off environment
- ensure project documented best practices and support procedures are adhered to and kept in line with customers procedures
- Assist with hardware and software cross training of customer team members on existing and new technologies
- Carry out special tasks at Management's direction
- Interact with customers and staff at the technical level, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related area) preferred.
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2016) & VMware V-Center
- Managing in excess of 50 Windows Server infrastructure
- Involvement of deployments/rollouts on the infrastructure
- Managing server virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX or Microsoft HyperV/Virtual Server
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Group Policy design and configuration ? Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration experience
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Must be organized and have the ability to manage projects of varying length
- Positive, self-motivated individual who can complete tasks independently
- Must be a team player